Taught by Ten
Taught by Ten
Raising ten kids revealed to Dr. Ray Guarendi and his wife, Randi, a lifetime of insightful lessons. Dr. Ray shares his wisdom with clarity and abundant humor, because as any mother or father knows, parenting is too important to be taken too seriously.
With his rich, tenfold experience as a father, Dr. Ray gives guidance that will help you gain confidence toward molding and instructing your own children. Through his many and absorbing anecdotes, you’ll learn how to act with calm authority whether with a disrespectful teen or a tantrum throwing toddler.
Through parenting, Dr. Ray learned to avoid labels and to respect each child’s temperament. He reinforces how with each child you can become a better parent.
You will learn, as did he, to be better able to stand strong in God’s grace and trust in His plan if your children have special needs. You’ll be moved by stories of children who were affected by serious health issues, substance abuse, and unstable foster-care placement. You’ll also learn:
- Why stronger parents, who act more and lecture less, have smoother family lives
- How "the look" is a form of classical conditioning that helps convey authority
- The power of affection to show your children your love/li>
- To present a united front as parents and not be manipulated by your children
- How perseverance and consistency in setting and enforcing expectations pays off
- To resolve (and avoid) conflicts, teach respect and manners, and much more
Most strikingly, you will see God’s providence at work in forming your own family. You will grow in the resolve and wisdom to guide your children when young and give them wings to fly when older.