Book by Albert Haase, OFM, Paraclete Press
The process of discerning God’s will is one of the most important Christian practices for any contemporary disciple, and it is ongoing and ever-changing. In Saying Yes, Albert Haase, OFM, scholar of Christian spirituality and spiritual mentor to hundreds of people, emphasizes the importance of listening to your life in discerning God’s will—your ordinary life is a megaphone through which God talks to you and the world. This book offers:
- ten attitudes for discernment
- techniques for living a discerning and reflective lifestyle
- ways you might be sabotaging the grace of God in your life
- the designs of the devil, something no other book on discernment addresses
- how to know if a person is wrestling with God
Saying Yes is a timeless, practical handbook for knowing God’s will. It’s filled with real life examples, reflection questions, and prayers for discernment from historic spiritual figures. A DVD with six 30-minute presentations (sold separately) completes the package for an excellent 6-week adult faith formation study group.
Albert Haase, OFM, offers clear, practical spiritual advice in every book. Saying Yes is concise and written without jargon or technical language; it offers real life examples and reflection questions, making the process of discernment accessible.