Here is the fascinating life and compelling spirituality of María Concepción Cabrera de Armida (1862–1937), now Blessed Conchita, presented for the first time by an American author. This saintly Mexican wife and mother of nine children experienced a “mystical life...comparable to that of St. Teresa of Ávila,” according to Cardinal Raniero Cantalamessa, preacher of the Papal Household.
Author Kathleen Beckman shows how Blessed Conchita — who founded a religious community for women and one for men and published forty-six books and sixty-six diary volumes — modeled the heroic fortitude you need to live out your vocation. Her heroic life experience and mystical writings show how to dispose yourself for deep conversion and transformation in Christ.
Stirring excerpts from Blessed Conchita’s writings reveal her great love and her profound spiritual insights for priests, religious, and married people alike. Passages describing Jesus’ personal and prophetic words to Blessed Conchita and her compelling eucharistic reflections are enhanced with explanations of how they relate to your life.
You will learn about Blessed Conchita’s vision of the Cross, her spiritual marriage with Christ, her numerous mystical encounters, and the vows she professed — all while living a domestic life. You will also be enthralled by the miraculous physical healing, through Blessed Conchita’s intercession, of a young father with a mysterious debilitating illness. Blessed Conchita will hearten and mentor you as you learn:
- The two “levers” that Jesus assured Blessed Conchita sustain the life of the spirit
- The six facets of Blessed Conchita’s “school of prayer”
- The seven “warrior virtues” to employ when spiritually attacked
- The fourteen rules of the “Chain of Love,” the practical and profitable spiritual program Jesus gave to Blessed Conchita
- Numerous methods for enkindling your relationship with the Holy Spirit